Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 2

I made an important discovery today.  Part of why I haven't been able to "thrive" or even fully describe what that would look like is because I have a list of things I want to do later.  The biggest part of that list are things  I want to do when I have a man in my life.  For example, I think washing a car by hand is a lot of work but I think it is very fun!  I always planned on doing that at least twice a month with my boyfriend / husband.  Well, last week I washed the car with my 6 year old and we had a ball.

I also love the idea of picnics.  There is definitely something romantic about them but they can be a lot of fun.  I have been waiting for years for a man to take me on a picnic.  It never occurred to me that I could just go and eat outside on my own.  Today I ate outside with my niece and we laughed, stole each others food, talked and had a great time. 

I'm sure there are several other things I've been waiting to do for some reason or another...well the wait is over! 

Progress towards my goals:
  • Read 4 chapters in the bible
  • Read Oh the Places we'll go (I'll repeat this one several times)
  • Picked my 5th book, The Shack
  • Made plans to go on a 6 mile walk with my mom tomorrow morning

No comments:

Post a Comment